Mr. Marshall is a Principal of Katzen Marshall. Since entering the appraisal profession in 1978, he has been responsible for more than 1,000 valuations of securities, business enterprises, and intangible assets. Prior to forming Katzen Marshall, Mr. Marshall was the President of American Business Valuations, an affiliate of Breedlove, Wesneski & Co. Responsibilities have included field investigations, analyses, report preparation, and review of valuation studies. Before joining American Business Valuations, Mr. Marshall was a regional manager for Valtec Associates and a manager for American Appraisal Company.
Email David Marshall
Mr. Marshall has valued firms ranging in size from $200 thousand to $500 million. The valuations were performed for:
- Estate and Gift Tax Planning and Reporting
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans
- Merger and Acquisition Planning
- Dissident Shareholder Actions
- Allocation of Purchase Price for Tax and Financing Reporting
- Regulatory Reporting
- Management Planning
His industry experience includes Agribusiness, Energy, Automotive, Financial Institutions, Telecommunications, Manufacturing, Construction, Publishing, Service Companies, Retail, Distribution, Apparel, High Tech and Computer Software, Health Care, and various special niche industries.
Mr. Marshall has performed appraisals for the Internal Revenue Service, the Federal Home Loan Bank, and the FSLIC.
Mr. Marshall provides consulting and expert testimony for litigation purposes including dissenting shareholder suits, divorce, lost profit suits, bankruptcy, etc. He has participated in cases litigated in Texas, Oklahoma, New York, New Mexico, and Connecticut.
Mr. Marshall holds a Masters in Finance degree from the Wharton Graduate School, University of Pennsylvania, 1978. He graduated in 1974 from the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree. He became a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) in 1982 and a senior member of the American Society of Appraisers (ASA) in 1983. Mr. Marshall also served on the Board of Examiners for the American Society of Appraisers.
- Senior Member, American Society of Appraisers, Business Valuation Discipline
- Past President, D/FW Chapter, American Society of Appraisers
- Member, Dallas Association of Investment Analysts
- Member, Association for Investment, Management and Research
- Member, Dallas Estate Planning Council
- Member, The ESOP Association